About

kelly-on-4-2-14I’m still discovering what I’m all about.  Thankfully, it seems to be getting a little easier the older I become. When I was in my 30’s and 40’s, I would read about how women become more confident and more comfortable with themselves as they entered their 50’s.  It sounded like a bunch of hype to me, but I’m discovering that I really am coming into my own, so to speak.  I’m still learning new things about myself, finding new interests and setting new goals.  It’s just very nice to be doing it with a little less angst than in the past.

Certain things will never change, however.  I think I will always love technology, reading, writing, going to spas with my girlfriends, spending time with my family and grandchildren and owning lots of gadgets.  I love gadgets and freely admit that I am a gadget slut.  I am trying to get it under control and have learned to avoid infomercials at all costs.

In the past, I suffered from insomnia and the only thing to watch on TV at 3:00 am were porn movies or infomercials.  At one point, I owned the “set it and forget it” rotisserie grill, the entire Windsor Pilates series, Bare Minerals makeup, the sweeper, three kinds of miracle cleaning product, the Kimora girdle (guaranteed to suck in five pounds), four Time Life music series, the chopper, the Foreman grill,  the NuWave oven, the Bullet, the Yoshi ceramic knife, the P90-X series, the HSN Aero-Pilates machine, the pedi-Egg, the ab-roller, and a box of Mighty-Putty.

I got a grip on myself, sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist.com, gave the rest away, (except for the Bullet – I LOVE that thing) and have been working diligently to simplify my life.  If you want to give me any pointers, I’d love to hear from you. I can be contacted at kellyoutloud “at” gmail “dot” com.

P.S.  The stories in this blog are 87% true.  The other 13% should be attributed to the fact that I am of Irish descent.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: